You don’t need a U.S. company to sell on Amazon. Likely, you set up your Amazon.com seller account under a foreign company with your foreign address. Unfortunately, you might be in a similar situation where your account was either not activated, or you need to reactivate your account due to some issue. If you are looking to form a U.S. single-member LLC disregarded for your Amazon account, we can not help you. Only if you form an LLC taxed properly that leads to an appropriate W-9 form to be completed can we help. A single-member LLC disregarded for U.S. tax purposes will NOT be the legal entity on Amazon. The beneficial owner completes the withholding certificate and is the name on the storefront. Not the LLC. If you are forming an LLC NOT to be on the Amazon account, it is possible your single-member LLC is for drop shipping, and you personally are on the Amazon account and need a utility bill linked to your name with your U.S. address. An LLC on the Amazon account completing a W-9 for a non-resident is more complicated regarding U.S. taxes. If you need help with a proper U.S. formation and a complete understanding of both Amazon and U.S. taxes, we recommend you start with a paid strategy call.
Establishing your Amazon.com seller account requires specific steps to be followed to open and keep your account activated.
Often when a seller does not follow the precise Amazon steps for providing the required information for your business account, business address, mobile phone, chargeable credit card, and identity details correctly, your account may be opened but soon met with a notice that says, we received your submission but did not have enough information to reactivate your account at this time.
Or you might have submitted all paperwork, and your seller account was approved. Then a few days later, you received a follow-up email asking about submitting more documentation.
The additional documentation may include the following:
- A business license
- Ensure a valid credit card is on account
- And a recent utility bill within the past 90 days
You may be in a situation where you set up an LLC taxed as an S corporation on your Amazon seller account, but you operate a home based business. You might be in a position you are not able to obtain a utility bill in the name of your LLC to your home address.
Suppose you cannot obtain a utility bill in your home country that matches your company name and address. In that case, the next option is to obtain a change to a U.S. address and utility bill under the same legal name on your Amazon account.
Amazon Utility Bill Verification Requirements:
- Utility bills must be for the last 90 days.
- Documents must be scanned clearly, with no blurry, cut, or missing pages.
- If the bill provided is not in English, please attach a notarized copy of the bill translated and witnessed by the legal counsel. Self-translated documents are not accepted.
- If the utility bill is not available in the name of the account owner, but rather in the name of a family member or family member, be sure to provide proof of relationship and government-issued ID.
- The information provided in the documents must be verifiable without discrepancies.
- The utility bill must cover usage details, due date, date of issue, appropriate service provider contact, company logo, etc. If there are any problems, please attach a copy of the invoice online verifying the source of the invoice.
- Please note you should provide clearly scanned or digitally downloaded documents only.
- A utility bill dated within the last 90 days for;
- piped gas
- natural gas
- piped water
- mobile phone
- fixed-line phone
- internet service
- Anyone with name and address visible
- Ensure that the provided documents are in one of the supported languages. Supported languages include Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese. If the documents are not in one of the supported languages, you must submit a notarized translation into one of the supported languages along with the original document.
Utility Bill Proof of Address Service
Our Nevada internet utility bill service is linked to a Las Vegas internet provider. Our service includes our premium U.S. address service for 12 months and a lease agreement. You will receive your internet utility bill within 72 hours after payment, and our web form with your business information and your internet account is established.
100% Money Back Guarantee
When you follow our steps to both update your Amazon account with our address service and when it is verified, and our steps to upload your new utility bill, if with our support, your account is not activated for Amazon, we will refund your money*. If you follow our steps and this will not be necessary.
Pricing and Support
Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Amazon Utility Bill,” and we will send you our detailed prices, steps, and process to get started.
Additional Amazon Account Activation Support
You may have additional questions about other requirements to reactivate your account or acceptable Amazon requirements. If so, these questions are answered during a paid 30-minute strategy call for $297.00. Our paid strategy call applies as a full credit towards our utility bill and address services.
*Unfortunately, there are sellers who are not honest and will ask for a refund even when the utility bill and address change were successful. We require screenshots of your account, before and after, along with the submission and rejection letter by Amazon to submit your refund. No other reasons will qualify for a refund.