Gain Clarity and Honest Feedback Quickly
Scott will Help You Avoid Making Costly Mistakes, Discover Which Entity, State, Structure, and Tax Requirements are Best for Your Situation.
Scott's Strategy Session Applies as 100% Credit Towards Future ServicesGET STARTED
Discover the best approach to structure your e-commerce business to allow you to lower your taxes, protect your brand, and level multiple marketplaces such as Walmart, Amazon, and Shopify. Including sales tax compliance for Shopify sellers.
One of the major misconceptions about U.S. taxes for non-residents is that you don't get taxes on U.S. sales if you don't have a permanent establishment (PE). This is NOT true. Factors such as title transfer, tax treaties, branch profits tax, hybrid entities all come into play to determine your overall tax picture.
Scott's years of experience with multiple top attorneys and CPAs will help guide you through the process to protect your different asset types properly. From management to ownership structure to multiple layers of protection, learn what is best for your situation.
Learn the best strategies to protect your crypto investments and reduce your crypto taxes. Scott has worked with top crypto tax firms and is a crypto trader himself and an expert on protecting crypto with an LLC and the right exchanges.
Schedule a 30-Minute Strategy Call with Scott
Why Choose NCP?
We provide COMPLETE FORMATION for your U.S. E-Commerce Expansion that includes total support BEFORE & AFTER you expand.LEARN MORE
Sales Tax Permit Registrations
Complete 8-Step Sales Tax Permit Registration Process. .
Foreign Qualification /Registration:
Register where you have nexus with our services.
U.S. Bank Account Service
Establish a U.S. bank account for a U.S. entity.
Registered Agent Service:
Every new corporation or LLC requires a registered agent.
50 State Entity Formations
Establish a complete 50 state formation with our 6-step process.
U.S. Entity Formations
Establish a complete U.S. formation, including a U.S. bank account.
Why Schedule a Strategy Call?
Before you form a U.S. LLC, no matter what marketplace you are planning to sell on, gain clarity on your U.S. tax responsibilities and e-commerce steps to take first.
Forming an LLC for Walmart is very different than needing one for U.S. insurance for Amazon. Shopify payments have other requirements, as does Stripe. There are numerous tax misconceptions online. We work with multiple CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys.
For example, you need to know that you can’t sell physical products from a U.S. warehouse to U.S. customers and avoid U.S. tax unless there is a treaty article. The treaty article in this situation will exempt the non-resident seller from paying any U.S. tax unless the entity is a U.S. taxpayer.
45-MINUTE STRATEGY CALL WITH A PERSONALIZED ASSESSMENT E-MAILED WITH ACTION STEPS & ATTACHMENTS
Do you know the right questions you should be asking to expand your business and to protect your assets?
- Which structure is the best and most cost-effective based upon your situation? Do you have different partners entities involved? Do you require investors? How does this change with crypto?
- Should you consider a partner, investor, affiliate, or other relationship?
- Should you form a U.S. entity from your foreign entity? What are the costs involved and benefits? When does this not make sense?
- How should I structure my ownership of my company? Is it necessary to have another entity as the other of my operating entity? When does that make sense, and when is that not a good idea?
- What marketplaces are you planning to utilize? Are you planning to sell your U.S. e-commerce business? What compliance items do you need to have so as not to destroy your acquisition?
- When setting up a crypto institutional account with Kraken, which states will not work?
- When does Wyoming not make sense for e-commerce sellers?
- When does Nevada provide an extra layer of protection even if you pay two-state fees for U.S. e-commerce sellers?
- When should you form an LLC taxed as a partnership and require your partners to also have another LLC as the member (but not another operating company)?
- How do the multi-state taxation rules impact which states you may need to foreign qualify in the U.S., and when is that a strategic advantage?
- Why will you receive conflicting answers from different CPA?
- What are your U.S. tax responsibilities as a U.S. e-commerce seller? When is filing a U.S. tax return recommended even if there is a tax treaty with your country?
- What are your current U.S. sales tax responsibilities since the 2018 U.S. Supreme Court Case Wayfair vs. South Dakota? What is your risk of audit for non-compliance? When does it make sense not to register to collect and remit sales tax?
- Is this the time to sell on Shopify? What are my sales tax responsibilities now, or should I stick with only Amazon.com?
- What tools do I need to maximize my tax deductions and keep track of to avoid massive IRS audits?
- What mistakes may you make if you only reply to Shopify’s Tax Liability Dashboard?
- What do the states say about prior nexus even if the marketplace is collecting and remitting sales tax?
- What is the best way to move forward with compliance if you are behind on sales tax?
- What non-residents require extra steps regarding sales tax registrations, and what one service will make their lives much more accessible?
- Which states can you close out your sales tax account even if you still have physical nexus?
- When should you register as a Shopify seller, and what impact does selling on Amazon at the same time do on your sales tax requirements?
- What asset groups are you looking to protect? Do you need multiple structures, or is that overkill?
- How to properly handle U.S. Tax Returns if you are not current with your filings and what you need to do to avoid an audit. (typically a three-year lag time).
- How do you set up a U.S. bank account with and without travel? When is an office lease required, utility bill? Do all partners need to be at the bank? What happens when a foreign entity owns a U.S. entity?
- What structure setup mistakes do I need to avoid with partners to lessen the likelihood we end up in expensive lawsuits if things don’t work out with the business?
- How do you protect real estate, separate from your business? How does this tie into your estate planning goals?
- How do you protect your real estate? What are the consequences of transferring your properties into an LLC?
- How do I simplify all the requirements to get my business up and running, protected, and spend most of my time on sales and profitability, not compliance?
- How do you avoid being overwhelmed, which is the crippling profit robber of any business? Do you know how to recognize this pattern quickly? Do you know how to get out of overwhelming immediately to focus back on profitable activities in your business?
- When is the “charging order” not enough, and which type of trust will be ideal for an extra layer of protection?
- When does privacy backfire, and when is it necessary with entity structuring?
- What are the tax consequences of your crypto activity, including staking, mining, airdrops, lending, NFTs, and more?
- What crypto accounting software is the best to help simplify your crypto taxation?
- What do bot traders need to do differently with crypto software when many transactions are involved?
- What software is not required to file your crypto taxes?
- The best strategies to eliminate or reduce your crypto taxation.
- How to protect your crypto from lawsuits?
- What crypto IRAs are best, and when is a self-directed IRA recommended?
- How do you transfer your crypto to an LLC?
Two Important Questions Scott will Help You Answer:
- How to best structure your business(es) to protect your business and personal assets?
- Which is the best structure to lower your U.S. taxes?
- Schedule a call
- Live call
Make an investment with the payment link above and schedule your appointment on Scott’s calendar.
Scott will approve your calendar invite and scheduled time.
Email a summary of your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Strategy Session Questions for Scott” 1-2 days before your scheduled Zoom call.
Complete Asset Protection & Sales Tax Blueprint Road Map & Video with Action Steps (Limited Availability)
Scott’s goal is to understand what you want to accomplish and determine what questions you don’t know to ask that will make a massive difference in the qualification of your results.
Most receive the correct answer to the wrong question and believe they will be protected, only later to find out they were asking the wrong question(s).
Scott will share your best strategies to support you moving forward, which will save you a fortune in time and money and help you emerge with confidence.
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
Scott has worked with top brands, including Shopify, Sears, Catching Clouds, Payoneer, Rapid Crush, SOVOS, Peisner Johnson, and numbers CPA and law firms.
“Leverage Scott’s incredible desire for the best strategies and the latest updates to your advantage.”
Rising inflation and interest rates in the U.S., increased tensions in the EU, continued supply chain shortages are all creating the perfect storm to wreak havoc on your assets, digital currency, e-commerce business, real estate, and overall financial well-being.
Now is the time to gain financial certainty to protect you and your family.
“Scott’s financial background will help you plan out your best business options to protect your cash flow and to secure business credit.”
How Scott can Help…
If you need support with protecting other assets, investments, cash, crypto, other businesses, or how to scale back, shut some down, cut overhead with fees, Scott will help you navigate through those situations. He will share rock-solid conservative strategies that will work and give you inside into more aggressive strategies and the risks involved. If you need privacy, Scott is a master of what is possible and when you will lose your privacy.
You may need support with your sales tax compliance and need support with knowing when to register or not during this crisis. Our team has applied for thousands of sales tax permits since 2015. We have multiple charts to simplify registering, closing sales tax accounts, and nexus thresholds. Scott and his team are in constant communication with the state’s taxation departments and the current requirements for compliance.
I have paid for consultations with the top tax and law firms in the U.S. to break down the factors to determine in which situations you should start with an LLC and how it should be taxed or another starting point.
The next level is which structures require another layer for the ownership, which most don’t cover. Scott will cover other complexities if you live overseas and need insights on tax treaties, U.S. returns, sales tax compliance, and much more.
If you have multiple partners that can be complex, it is another area that Scott excels in explaining the best options.
Although I will not give you financial advice for your investments, I have had a series 7 license in the past and stay on top of the global markets, especially as it applies to our clients doing business.
I thoroughly understand both personal and business credit and how they interplay. It is a must that your company is not financially naked, which most are in the business credit bureaus.
I operated a company for 10 years that focused on companies’ best ways to obtain business credit while maintaining 100% ownership.
We recommend you get all the financial support to conserve your cash flow, which is your business’s oxygen. We work together if you need a referral; we will recommend it. You will also need to consider how to build business credit and your financial strength, even if there is another round of federal funding at some point in the future.
For many years (2003 to 2014), we helped with business credit and funding with Fast Business Credit. To help entrepreneurs obtain business credit and understand cash and vendor credit, business credit bureaus…that service is being updated to help more entrepreneurs during this crisis. If you are a foreign seller with no SSN, the rules are different, and you need to know them.
Over the years, I have interviewed dozens of leading financial experts, bankers, and credit gurus about how the system works (very counter-intuitive) and get the best results. In the end, I can help you ask the right questions and give you the best resources to make sure you know your best financial options.
When you strategically expand to the U.S. e-commerce market, there are many moves to make. We have multiple step-by-step guides to walk you through what is required for Amazon insurance, selling on Walmart, Shopify requirements, and much more.
We understand the different marketplaces and selling models and can help you determine the best structure for your business, along with the tax services that each strategy requires.
There is a lot of parts and pieces of information online. The real challenge is to make all the right moves that lead to your best result. That is where I will help you the most.
I am a master practitioner in NLP, neuro-linguistic programming (think of Tony Robbins), which is most important when determining the best patterns for success.
It may be how to overcome the pattern of overwhelm or the Disney pattern for creating new ideas or changing beliefs that support you to focus on the opportunity… I see opportunities worldwide, mainly because I ask quality, better questions regarding beliefs that help drive me.
Scott studied with Jay Abraham for years and held his own seminar for three years called “The Ultimate Joint Venture Bootcamp, ” to each entrepreneur how to leverage other people’s assets and resources by adding value to them first.
There is a skillset on language and position that you provide to add maximum value to others, providing your incredible business opportunity at no cost to you. Plus, Scott is very connected, and his introductions to the right person may be a game-changer for your business.
Our Strategy Session Packages
Key Strategy Questions to Ask Scott
- Which strategy is best based upon the U.S. platforms, I am selling and my goals for profits and potentially an exit?
- If I decide to sell from my foreign entity, which services do I need to have in place before or after I set up my Amazon.com or other U.S. accounts.
- What are my U.S. tax responsibilities even if there is a U.S. tax treaty with my country?
- What U.S. sales tax concerns should I have if I exit when I am selling only on a marketplace facilitator state?
- Which states should I register for sales tax? What are my consequences based upon my situation if I register with a current start date vs. a past start date to maximize my profits?
- What will be my estimated total costs for compliance in my first year of business?
- Which structure is best for Walmart vs. Amazon?
- Are Shopify payments possible with a U.S. LLC for a non-resident?
- Which entity is best for Amazon insurance for non-residents and what are the tax responsibilities.
- What are your best options if your credit score is below 650 (should you consider these options)?
- How does business credit help your business now (how long does it take)?
- What should you do with sales tax compliance at this time (what states are most aggressive)?
- If you are outside the U.S., is this a good or bad time to consider forming a U.S. entity? If so, what is the minimum you need to be up and running?
- What are the best tax professionals at the best price for my situation?
- How to properly make the calls to defer business and personal credit card payments, other payments to preserve cash flow.
- What assets will you wish you had protected 6-12 months from now (before it is too late)?
- Which entity type is best to protect safe assets or risk assets (not all LLCs work)?
- Do you need a Nevada Asset Protection Trust (or is this overkill)?
- What are the options for transferring assets (not a step to skip)?
- When do I need layers of entities for the ownership levels?
- How do I prevent a charging order from disrupting my operating business with a partner?
- Which state and structure are best to protect my crypto investments?
- What is the best way to protect real estate (this gets complex)?
- How do you help my parents or elderly with estate planning now (they are most susceptible to the coronavirus and must be protected financially)?
- What automation tools do I recommend that will save you time and money with my business (we tested a bunch, and it is how you use them that is most important)?
- When does a trust come into play with the entities (living, land, asset protection)?
- When should you consider closing down my business (what mistakes do you need to avoid in this process)?
- How do you get from overwhelm to productivity quickly to help your business prosper?
- What questions do you need to be asking differently to see more opportunities (likely out of your awareness)?
- If you are outside the U.S., is this a good or bad time to consider forming a U.S. entity? If so, what is the minimum you need to be up and running?
- What are your short- and long-term options as an e-commerce seller (will bundling save your business)?
- Plus, other strategy questions where you may need support to move forward.
- Which of my crypto transactions are taxable and which are not?
- Which software is best to prepare my crypto taxes?
- How do I handle missing transactions?
- When should I consider an entity to protect your crypto?
- Which state is best for my crypto entity?
- Which entity is best to protect my crypto?
- What estate planning mistakes do I need to avoid with my crypto?
- Which CPA do you recommend if I need help filing my crypto taxes?
What Other Say About Working With Scott Letourneau
NCP has been a valuable partner to Payoneer for several years, and as a leading expert in U.S. expansion, including entity formations and U.S. taxes, his knowledge is valuable to Payoneer’s global eCommerce merchants.Ben Stein
Scott and his teams are an absolute pleasure to work with and a model of consistency. They help entrepreneurs set up their U.S. companies, which is a crucial step in establishing merchant accounts with us at Payengines.Kevin Parlin
What I like most about Scott Letourneau and NCP is their incredible knowledge, and commitment to being honorable.Sandy Botkin
I definitely recommend working with NCP and Scott Letourneau, do whatever it takes to solidify the core of your business in regards to building your business empire.Nik Halik
If you are looking to launch a U.S. – based business, Scott Letourneau and NCP are THE leading authority. I can’t recommend them highly enough.Spike Humer
Scott Letourneau and his company NCP are the experts in helping you incorporate and doing things RIGHT!Todd Falcone
“…I am extremely impressed with this world-class company…”Kevin Utt
“…I would recommend Nevada Corporate Planners to EVERYONE!”Mace Yampolsky
“…I’ve been using them for 13 years. Their service and support have been outstanding…”Michael Price
“…I am taking the time to say thank you to Nevada Corporate Planners and mention that they’ve done an outstanding job assisting us, getting our corporation founded, started and correctly off the ground in the Nevada Secretary of State’s office.”James
“…I’m so very thrilled to have my business started with Nevada Corporate Planners. I’m confident that my business has been started correctly and I’m even more confident, as a result, that my business will be successful. Thanks Nevada Corporate Planners.”Vanessa
“…NCP provided reasonable rates. They provided an abundance of material and information. Ms. Jenkins, Denice Mickelson and the entire staff provided me with a strong support foundation in order to proceed with forming my LLC by walking me through their program and helping me fill out the forms. In short, they secured my doubt. Thank you very much.”Jamie
“…I am very impressed with the company.”John
“…One of the main reasons I chose NCP is because of the personal connection I had with their support team. I appreciate the fact someone was always available to assist with my needs. Thank you NCP!”William
“…At NCP, Scott has taken the guesswork out of the equation and he offers an affordable, bulletproof and turnkey incorporation process.”Vishal
“…On behalf of myself and my brand new company, I want to thank Scott and all of his staff for the wonderful job they’ve done, the absolute excellent service that they give all of their clients.”Charlene
“…I would recommend NCP to anyone who wants to get their business started off on the right foot.”Daniel
“…This company is a significant player in this market in that it is an entity that does what they say they are going to do in a timely and proficient manner.”Reed
“…Nevada Corporate Planners have been a tremendous asset from the beginning and continue to provide resources and expertise as we evolve and grow.”Steve
“…I’ve come to know the owner personally. He’s very ethical and knowledgeable… I would highly recommend them and HAVE recommended them numerous times.”Larry
“…my experience with Nevada Corporate Planners has been outstanding… I recommend Nevada Corporate Planners to anyone without hesitation.”Jim Sapara
“…I’m delighted to give out a testimonial to Nevada Corporate Planners… We’re confident with Nevada Corporate Planners behind us, we’ll can grow straight and strong. We can’t recommend them highly enough.”Peter Maciuk
“…I wanted to thank Scott Letourneau for his fantastic advice! Thanks, Scott, for all your help and your company is awesome!”Robin
“…I really appreciate the follow-up and follow-through that you guys do. I really appreciate your effort!”Greg
“…Scott answered all my questions about my business. He also had information on marketing that was priceless! Thanks for all your help…”Misty
“…I was so impressed with the information I received from him (Scott). I was blown away with the information he presented. I look forward to working with Scott and his company…”Linda
“…I was very impressed with his (Scott) knowledge and experience. Scott and his staff have been knowledgeable and polite through the process…”Ron Miller
“…process as smooth as possible and very professionally done. I will definitely recommend you to everyone I come across…”Deliana
“…I found that talking with Scott and having him go over questions has made it easier for us to go forward with our own process. Every time I’ve called his office, his staff has been more than helpful. I have no reservations in recommending Nevada Corporate Planners…”Jerry
“…I appreciated the phone call from Tony to remind me of our annual renewal. With the holidays and end of year deadlines, I had forgotten. So, thank you for your great customer service and follow-through…”Ann
“…I’m very thankful to them (NCP)…”Kelly
“…I’ve been very pleased with how they set up and maintained my company. I will use them again and again…”Greg
“…I just want to say ‘Thank You’ to NCP for all their help! Thank you for your help and I really want to put a special shout out for Tony. You were great…”Ken
“…I’ve taken advantage of the informative information available to members of the Top 5% Club. I much appreciate his (Scott) one on one advice…”Ron
“…we’re very happy! Your service is impeccable. What I like is I’ve been able to go to them at any time and I’ve never been turned away when I want to ask a question. I would highly recommend your company to anyone…”Maria
“…the staff was very helpful and basically held our hand. The whole process was very painless! So, Good Job Nevada Corporate Planners…”Tony
“… If you guys are looking for a company… Nevada Corporate Planners is the company for you. They are so so helpful! Don’t choose anyone else but Nevada Corporate Planners!”Shahid
“…I just want to say how much I appreciate Nevada Corporate Planners! Nevada Corporate Planners have done an outstanding job of walking us through everything… they provide a tremendous amount of resources…James