Finally! Get Crystal Clear on the Complexities of U.S. Entity Formation and Tax Requirements.
Unlock your business potential with expert answers to your top questions on U.S. business and marketplace selling.
Top U.S. Entity Formation Expert Reveals How To Protect Your U.S. Profits and BrandGET STARTED
Entity Structuring Strategy
Unlock the full potential of your business by gaining a clear and comprehensive understanding of the most effective strategies for success as a U.S. resident or non-resident. Scott will provide expert guidance on the best entity structure, management, and ownership structure, including which state offers the strongest asset and brand protection. E-commerce sellers will have the confidence to make informed decisions on the most advantageous structure for Amazon, Walmart, Shopify Payments, and more, with a full understanding of the tax implications of each. Scott's expertise provides you with a customized plan tailored to your specific needs and the knowledge to navigate the complexities of the U.S. market and achieve long-term success. Scott's expert guidance includes essential sales tax compliance strategies for Shopify sellers, giving you the competitive edge you need to thrive in today's market.
A prevalent myth in U.S. taxes for non-residents is that if you do not have a permanent establishment (PE), you are exempt from taxes on U.S. sales. This is a dangerous misconception. The reality is that a complex interplay of factors such as title transfer, tax treaties, branch profits tax, and hybrid entities all play a crucial role in determining your overall tax liability. Understanding and navigating these intricacies is crucial to ensure compliance and minimize your tax burden.
With Scott's extensive experience working alongside top attorneys and CPAs, you can trust that you're in expert hands. He'll guide you through the process of protecting your assets, from management and ownership structure to multiple layers of protection. Discover the best approach for your unique situation, and confidently safeguard your wealth.
Blockchain & Crypto
Maximize your investments on the blockchain investments while minimizing your tax liability by learning the best strategies from Scott, an expert in crypto trading and tax reduction. With extensive experience working with top crypto tax firms and as a crypto trader, he knows the ins and outs of protecting your crypto through LLCs and utilizing the right exchanges. Secure your financial future with his guidance.
Unlock the full potential of your funding with expert guidance from Scott, is a financial advisor with over 30 years of experience. Learn the latest strategies for securing funding while maintaining 100% control of your company. Scott will reveal the key steps to take at the entity formation stage that will establish your company's financial credibility, positioning it for success. Don't miss out on this opportunity to maximize your funding and take your business to the next level.
Schedule a 30-Minute Strategy Call with Scott
Why Choose NCP?
We provide COMPLETE FORMATION for your U.S. E-Commerce Expansion that includes total support BEFORE & AFTER you expand.LEARN MORE
Sales Tax Permit Registrations
Complete 8-Step Sales Tax Permit Registration Process. .
Register where you have nexus with our services.
Registered Agent Service:
Every new corporation or LLC requires a registered agent.
50 State Entity Formations
Establish a complete 50 state formation with our 6-step process.
U.S. Entity Formations
Establish a complete U.S. formation, including a U.S. bank account.
Why Schedule a Strategy Call?
Before venturing into the world of conducting business in the United States, it is crucial to understand your tax responsibilities and the necessary steps to take when forming a U.S. LLC or corporation.
Whether you plan to sell on Walmart, Amazon, Shopify, or Stripe, the process and requirements vary greatly.
With a plethora of misinformation circulating online, it’s important to consult with experienced professionals, such as CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys, to ensure compliance and avoid costly mistakes. For instance, it’s essential to be aware that unless there is a treaty article in place, selling physical products from a U.S. warehouse to U.S. customers may incur U.S. taxes unless the entity is a U.S. taxpayer.
Even as a U.S. resident, there are mounds of conflicting information to sort through to find the best strategy for your situation.
Don’t let confusion and misinformation stop you from reaching your e-commerce goals. Seek the expert guidance you need to succeed.
45-MINUTE STRATEGY CALL WITH A PERSONALIZED ASSESSMENT E-MAILED WITH ACTION STEPS & TAX CHARTS
Do you know the right questions you should be asking to structure your business and to protect your assets?
- Which structure is the best and most cost-effective when selling on Shopify, Walmart, or Amazon? What changes are there for the U.S. vs. a non-U.S. resident?
- What impact on the legal structure and state come into play when a partner, investor, affiliate, or other relationship is involved?
- What restrictions do other states have, such as California, regarding LLCs, and Florida and other states where the charging order protection does not apply to single-member LLCs?
- What state is best for a utility bill to verify your address, if required, by Amazon or other marketplaces?
- How do you determine if privacy is more important than protection?
- How should an LLC be managed?
- What should be left off the operating agreement that will weaken the charging order protection for an LLC?
- When does the entity I formed need to foreign qualify into another state?
- Should you form a U.S. entity from your foreign entity? What are the costs involved and benefits? When does this not make sense?
Additional Questions to Ask:
- How should I structure my ownership of my company? Is it necessary to have another entity as the other of my operating entity? When does that make sense, and when is that not a good idea?
- What marketplaces are you planning to utilize? Are you planning to sell your U.S. e-commerce business? What compliance items do you need to have so as not to destroy your acquisition?
- When setting up a crypto institutional account with Kraken, which states will not work?
- When does Wyoming not make sense for e-commerce sellers?
- When does Nevada provide extra protection even if you pay two-state fees for U.S. e-commerce sellers?
- When should you form an LLC taxed as a partnership and require your partners to have another LLC as the member (but not another operating company)?
- How do the multi-state taxation rules impact which states you may need to foreign qualify in the U.S., and when is that a strategic advantage?
- Why will you receive conflicting answers from different CPAs?
- What high-lability business should strongly consider a two-state strategy when piercing the entity veil?
- What are your U.S. tax responsibilities as a U.S. e-commerce seller? When is filing a U.S. tax return recommended, even if there is a tax treaty with your country?
- What are your current U.S. sales tax responsibilities since the 2018 U.S. Supreme Court Case Wayfair vs. South Dakota? What is your risk of audit for non-compliance? When does it make sense not to register to collect and remit sales tax?
- Is this the time to sell on Shopify? What are my sales tax responsibilities now, or should I stick with only Amazon.com?
- Which entity type will more likely lead to an IRA audit?
- What mistakes may you make if you only reply to Shopify’s Tax Liability Dashboard?
- What is the best way to proceed with compliance if you are behind on sales tax?
- What non-residents require extra steps regarding sales tax registrations, and what one service will make their lives much more accessible?
- Which states can you close out your sales tax account even if you still have physical nexus?
- When should you register as a Shopify seller, and what impact does selling on Amazon at the same time do on your sales tax requirements?
- What asset groups are you looking to protect? Do you need multiple structures, or is that overkill?
- How to properly handle U.S. Tax Returns if you are not current with your filings and what you need to do to avoid an audit (typically a three-year lag time).
- How do you set up a U.S. bank account with and without travel? When is an office lease required utility bill required? Do all partners need to be at the bank? What happens when a foreign entity owns a U.S. entity?
- What structure setup mistakes do I need to avoid with partners to lessen the likelihood we end up in expensive lawsuits if things don’t work out with the business?
- How do you protect real estate, separate from your business? How does this tie into your estate planning goals?
- How do you protect your real estate? What are the consequences of transferring your properties into an LLC?
- How do I simplify all the requirements to get my business up and running and protected and spend most of my time on sales and profitability, not compliance?
- How do you avoid being overwhelmed, which is the crippling profit robber of any business? Do you know how to recognize this pattern quickly? Do you know how to get out of the overwhelming immediately to focus back on profitable activities in your business?
- When is the “charging order” not enough, and which type of trust will be ideal for an extra layer of protection?
- What are the tax consequences of your crypto activity, including staking, mining, airdrops, lending, NFTs, and more?
- What crypto accounting software is the best to help simplify your crypto taxation?
- What do bot traders need to do differently with crypto software when many transactions are involved?
- What software is not required to file your crypto taxes?
- The best strategies to eliminate or reduce your crypto taxation.
- How to protect your crypto from lawsuits?
- What crypto IRAs are best, and when is a self-directed IRA recommended?
- How do you transfer your crypto to an LLC?
Two Important Questions Scott will Help You Answer:
- How to best structure your business(es) to protect your business and personal assets?
- Which is the best structure to lower your U.S. taxes?
- Schedule a call
- Live call
Make an investment with the payment link above and schedule your appointment on Scott’s calendar.
Scott will approve your calendar invite and scheduled time.
Email a summary of your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Strategy Session Questions for Scott” 1-2 days before your scheduled Zoom call.
Complete Asset Protection & Sales Tax Blueprint Road Map & Video with Action Steps (Limited Availability)
Scott’s ultimate objective is to gain a deep understanding of your aspirations and identify the crucial questions you may not even be aware of, which can significantly impact the outcome of your efforts.
He understands that many people receive the right answers to the wrong questions, which can lead to a false sense of security and, ultimately, costly mistakes.
Scott’s expertise lies in providing you with the best strategies to support you in your journey, saving you time and money and allowing you to emerge with confidence. With Scott’s guidance, you’ll avoid repeating past mistakes and, instead, pave the way to success.
As the saying goes, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
Scott is a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience working with top-tier brands such as Shopify, Sears, Catching Clouds, Payoneer, Rapid Crush, SOVOS, Peisner Johnson, and numerous CPA and law firms. He is an expert in his field and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table.
Leverage Scott’s unparalleled drive for the best strategies and his constant commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest industry developments to your advantage.
With Scott on your team, you can rest assured that you’re in the hands of a true professional with a proven track record of success.
The current economic climate is increasingly volatile, with rising inflation and interest rates in the U.S. and heightened tensions in the EU. Persistent supply chain disruptions all conspiring to threaten the stability of your assets, digital currency, e-commerce business, real estate, and overall financial well-being. The situation demands that you take decisive action to safeguard your financial future and your family.
Scott’s extensive financial background and expertise will prove invaluable in navigating these challenging times. He will work closely with you to develop a comprehensive plan to secure your cash flow and business credit, help you identify and mitigate risks, and provide you with the financial certainty you need to weather the storm.
Don’t wait any longer to protect yourself and your loved ones. Take action now with Scott’s guidance and expertise.
How Scott can Help…
Secure your financial future with expert guidance from Scott. Whether you need assistance protecting your assets, investments, cash, crypto, or other businesses or are looking to scale and need the best funding options while maintaining 100% of your company, Scott can help you navigate the process easily.
He offers a wealth of conservative strategies proven to work and insights into more aggressive options and the associated risks. And for those in need of privacy, Scott is a true master, able to provide expert guidance on when and how to preserve it.
Navigate sales tax compliance with ease, thanks to the expertise of our team. As sales tax experts, we have a proven track record of success, having applied for thousands of sales tax permits since 2015.
We have a wealth of knowledge and resources at our disposal, including charts that simplify the process of registering, closing sales tax accounts, and understanding nexus thresholds.
Led by Scott, our team stays up-to-date with the latest state regulations and requirements, ensuring your best options for compliance and protecting your profits and brand.
Get the inside edge on LLC formation and taxation with expert guidance from Scott. As a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience and knowledge, Scott has consulted with the top tax and law firms in the U.S. to provide you with the latest and most accurate information on LLC formation and taxation.
He delves deep into the complex factors determining when an LLC is the best starting point and how it should be taxed.
But that’s just the beginning.
Scott also provides insights into the complexities of ownership structures, including when and how to add another layer. He is also an expert on tax treaties and U.S. returns for overseas residents. And for those with multiple partners, he excels in explaining the best options to navigate the complexities of partnerships.
I am a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of the global markets, having previously held a Series 7 license. I stay up-to-date on market trends and their impact on businesses, particularly those of our clients.
Not only am I well-versed in personal credit, but I also have a thorough understanding of how business credit works and how it can be leveraged to benefit companies.
I strongly believe in the importance of ensuring that a business is not financially exposed, which is why I have dedicated my experience and expertise to helping companies secure business credit while maintaining full ownership.
With over a decade of experience in this field, I have a proven track record of success guiding companies on the best path to achieving their financial goals.
We understand the importance of preserving cash flow for the survival of your business, which is why we highly recommend seeking out all available financial support. Our team is here to support you and provide referrals as needed. Additionally, building business credit and financial strength is crucial, even amidst the possibility of future rounds of federal funding.
With over a decade of experience in the field, we have a proven track record of success in helping entrepreneurs obtain business credit and funding through our previous company. We are now updating our services to assist entrepreneurs during this current crisis better.
Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to consult with leading financial experts, bankers, and credit gurus to gain a deep understanding of the often-counterintuitive system.
I can provide you with the guidance and resources necessary to make informed financial decisions and ask the right questions. Trust in my expertise to navigate the complex business credit and funding world.
Expanding into the U.S. e-commerce market is a strategic move that requires a comprehensive approach. At our company, we offer a wide range of step-by-step guides to help you navigate the complexities of the market and ensure compliance with all necessary regulations. We have you covered, whether it’s Amazon insurance, selling on Walmart, or understanding Shopify payment requirements.
Scott is well-versed in the various marketplaces and selling models available. Scott can help you identify the best structure for your business, considering the specific tax services required for each strategy.
Navigating the vast amount of online information can be overwhelming, but with our guidance, you can be confident that you are making the right moves to achieve your desired outcome. Trust in Scott’s expertise to help you navigate the complexities of the U.S. e-commerce market and achieve success.
As a master practitioner in NLP, neuro-linguistic programming, I possess the skills and expertise to help you unlock your full potential. NLP is a powerful tool, similar to the techniques used by Tony Robbins, that can be used to identify and change patterns that hold you back and replace them with ones that lead to success.
Whether it’s overcoming feelings of overwhelm, utilizing the Disney pattern for generating new ideas or shifting beliefs that limit your focus on opportunities, I can help you identify and shift patterns that are holding you back.
I can see opportunities through my ability to ask better, more effective questions designed to help you avoid pitfalls you did not see coming and take advantage of key opportunities.
Scott is a highly skilled and experienced professional who has studied extensively under the guidance of renowned business strategist Jay Abraham. He has also held his own seminar, “The Ultimate Joint Venture Bootcamp,” for three years, teaching entrepreneurs how to leverage the assets and resources of others by adding value first.
He has mastered the art of positioning and language, and he can teach you how to communicate effectively to add maximum value to others, ultimately providing your business with incredible opportunities at no cost to you.
Additionally, Scott has a wide network of connections, and his introduction to the right person could be a game-changer for your business. If you are looking to take your business to the next level, Scott’s expertise and connections can provide you with the resources and support needed to achieve your goals.
Our Strategy Session Packages
30-MIN STRATEGY SESSION
[MOST POPULAR] 45-MIN STRATEGY SESSION WITH A PERSONALIZED ASSESSMENT E-MAIL SUMMARY & ATTACHMENTS
Complete Asset Protection & Sales Tax Blueprint Road Map & Video with Action Steps
$2500.00 (limited availability)LEARN MORE
Key Strategy Questions to Ask Scott
- 1. U.S. E-Commerce Expansion
- 2. Credit & Tax Management
- 3. Asset Protection
- 4. Business Protection
- 5. Business Strategy
- 6. Crypto Currency
- Which strategy is best based upon the U.S. platforms, I am selling and my goals for profits and potentially an exit?
- If I decide to sell from my foreign entity, which services do I need to have in place before or after I set up my Amazon.com or other U.S. accounts.
- What are my U.S. tax responsibilities even if there is a U.S. tax treaty with my country?
- What U.S. sales tax concerns should I have if I exit when I am selling only on a marketplace facilitator state?
- Which states should I register for sales tax? What are my consequences based upon my situation if I register with a current start date vs. a past start date to maximize my profits?
- What will be my estimated total costs for compliance in my first year of business?
- Which structure is best for Walmart vs. Amazon?
- Are Shopify payments possible with a U.S. LLC for a non-resident?
- Which entity is best for Amazon insurance for non-residents and what are the tax responsibilities.
- What are your best options if your credit score is below 650 (should you consider these options)?
- How does business credit help your business now (how long does it take)?
- What should you do with sales tax compliance at this time (what states are most aggressive)?
- If you are outside the U.S., is this a good or bad time to consider forming a U.S. entity? If so, what is the minimum you need to be up and running?
- What are the best tax professionals at the best price for my situation?
- How to properly make the calls to defer business and personal credit card payments, other payments to preserve cash flow.
- What assets will you wish you had protected 6-12 months from now (before it is too late)?
- Which entity type is best to protect safe assets or risk assets (not all LLCs work)?
- Do you need a Nevada Asset Protection Trust (or is this overkill)?
- What are the options for transferring assets (not a step to skip)?
- When do I need layers of entities for the ownership levels?
- How do I prevent a charging order from disrupting my operating business with a partner?
- Which state and structure are best to protect my crypto investments?
- What is the best way to protect real estate (this gets complex)?
- How do you help my parents or elderly with estate planning now (they are most susceptible to the coronavirus and must be protected financially)?
- What automation tools do I recommend that will save you time and money with my business (we tested a bunch, and it is how you use them that is most important)?
- When does a trust come into play with the entities (living, land, asset protection)?
- When should you consider closing down my business (what mistakes do you need to avoid in this process)?
- How do you get from overwhelm to productivity quickly to help your business prosper?
- What questions do you need to be asking differently to see more opportunities (likely out of your awareness)?
- If you are outside the U.S., is this a good or bad time to consider forming a U.S. entity? If so, what is the minimum you need to be up and running?
- What are your short- and long-term options as an e-commerce seller (will bundling save your business)?
- Plus, other strategy questions where you may need support to move forward.
- Which of my crypto transactions are taxable and which are not?
- Which software is best to prepare my crypto taxes?
- How do I handle missing transactions?
- When should I consider an entity to protect your crypto?
- Which state is best for my crypto entity?
- Which entity is best to protect my crypto?
- What estate planning mistakes do I need to avoid with my crypto?
- Which CPA do you recommend if I need help filing my crypto taxes?
What Other Say About Working With Scott Letourneau
NCP has been a valuable partner to Payoneer for several years, and as a leading expert in U.S. expansion, including entity formations and U.S. taxes, his knowledge is valuable to Payoneer’s global eCommerce merchants.Ben Stein
Scott and his teams are an absolute pleasure to work with and a model of consistency. They help entrepreneurs set up their U.S. companies, which is a crucial step in establishing merchant accounts with us at Payengines.Kevin Parlin
What I like most about Scott Letourneau and NCP is their incredible knowledge, and commitment to being honorable.Sandy Botkin
I definitely recommend working with NCP and Scott Letourneau, do whatever it takes to solidify the core of your business in regards to building your business empire.Nik Halik
If you are looking to launch a U.S. – based business, Scott Letourneau and NCP are THE leading authority. I can’t recommend them highly enough.Spike Humer
Scott Letourneau and his company NCP are the experts in helping you incorporate and doing things RIGHT!Todd Falcone
“…I am extremely impressed with this world-class company…”Kevin Utt
“…I would recommend Nevada Corporate Planners to EVERYONE!”Mace Yampolsky
“…I’ve been using them for 13 years. Their service and support have been outstanding…”Michael Price
“…I am taking the time to say thank you to Nevada Corporate Planners and mention that they’ve done an outstanding job assisting us, getting our corporation founded, started and correctly off the ground in the Nevada Secretary of State’s office.”James
“…I’m so very thrilled to have my business started with Nevada Corporate Planners. I’m confident that my business has been started correctly and I’m even more confident, as a result, that my business will be successful. Thanks Nevada Corporate Planners.”Vanessa
“…NCP provided reasonable rates. They provided an abundance of material and information. Ms. Jenkins, Denice Mickelson and the entire staff provided me with a strong support foundation in order to proceed with forming my LLC by walking me through their program and helping me fill out the forms. In short, they secured my doubt. Thank you very much.”Jamie
“…I am very impressed with the company.”John
“…One of the main reasons I chose NCP is because of the personal connection I had with their support team. I appreciate the fact someone was always available to assist with my needs. Thank you NCP!”William
“…At NCP, Scott has taken the guesswork out of the equation and he offers an affordable, bulletproof and turnkey incorporation process.”Vishal
“…On behalf of myself and my brand new company, I want to thank Scott and all of his staff for the wonderful job they’ve done, the absolute excellent service that they give all of their clients.”Charlene
“…I would recommend NCP to anyone who wants to get their business started off on the right foot.”Daniel
“…This company is a significant player in this market in that it is an entity that does what they say they are going to do in a timely and proficient manner.”Reed
“…Nevada Corporate Planners have been a tremendous asset from the beginning and continue to provide resources and expertise as we evolve and grow.”Steve
“…I’ve come to know the owner personally. He’s very ethical and knowledgeable… I would highly recommend them and HAVE recommended them numerous times.”Larry
“…my experience with Nevada Corporate Planners has been outstanding… I recommend Nevada Corporate Planners to anyone without hesitation.”Jim Sapara
“…I’m delighted to give out a testimonial to Nevada Corporate Planners… We’re confident with Nevada Corporate Planners behind us, we’ll can grow straight and strong. We can’t recommend them highly enough.”Peter Maciuk
“…I wanted to thank Scott Letourneau for his fantastic advice! Thanks, Scott, for all your help and your company is awesome!”Robin
“…I really appreciate the follow-up and follow-through that you guys do. I really appreciate your effort!”Greg
“…Scott answered all my questions about my business. He also had information on marketing that was priceless! Thanks for all your help…”Misty
“…I was so impressed with the information I received from him (Scott). I was blown away with the information he presented. I look forward to working with Scott and his company…”Linda
“…I was very impressed with his (Scott) knowledge and experience. Scott and his staff have been knowledgeable and polite through the process…”Ron Miller
“…process as smooth as possible and very professionally done. I will definitely recommend you to everyone I come across…”Deliana
“…I found that talking with Scott and having him go over questions has made it easier for us to go forward with our own process. Every time I’ve called his office, his staff has been more than helpful. I have no reservations in recommending Nevada Corporate Planners…”Jerry
“…I appreciated the phone call from Tony to remind me of our annual renewal. With the holidays and end of year deadlines, I had forgotten. So, thank you for your great customer service and follow-through…”Ann
“…I’m very thankful to them (NCP)…”Kelly
“…I’ve been very pleased with how they set up and maintained my company. I will use them again and again…”Greg
“…I just want to say ‘Thank You’ to NCP for all their help! Thank you for your help and I really want to put a special shout out for Tony. You were great…”Ken
“…I’ve taken advantage of the informative information available to members of the Top 5% Club. I much appreciate his (Scott) one on one advice…”Ron
“…we’re very happy! Your service is impeccable. What I like is I’ve been able to go to them at any time and I’ve never been turned away when I want to ask a question. I would highly recommend your company to anyone…”Maria
“…the staff was very helpful and basically held our hand. The whole process was very painless! So, Good Job Nevada Corporate Planners…”Tony
“… If you guys are looking for a company… Nevada Corporate Planners is the company for you. They are so so helpful! Don’t choose anyone else but Nevada Corporate Planners!”Shahid
“…I just want to say how much I appreciate Nevada Corporate Planners! Nevada Corporate Planners have done an outstanding job of walking us through everything… they provide a tremendous amount of resources…James